This is such a common condition that can be easily controlled with the right lifestyle choices.
Dietary Tips to help control / Manage this condition:
- Reduce weight and body fat levels to the recommended range for height.
- Reduce Sodium intake by reducing salt intake – 6g per day being the recommended range.
- Increase fruit and veg intake to elevate potassium levels as cardio-protective antioxidant nutrient. Aim for a minimum of 5 portions of variety of different fruit and veg.
- Avoid binge drinking and consume no more than the recommended unit intake.
- A balanced diet in all nutrients – following the eat-well plate guidelines.
- Reduce caffeine consumption to less than 5 cups of tea or coffee a day. (I suggest cutting it even more)
- Learn to relax